Think big, Be bold! : Sunflower
Helpful Tutorial References
Click the links below to skip to each chapter.
- Working on large pieces of paper can be so freeing.
- Tips on texture effect use.
- Be bold with colour. Sunflowers are not quiet flowers.
- Do practise your Creative Wash exercises to discover the most exciting colour combinations to create a magnificent centre.
- How to create salt patterns.
- Celebrate happy accidents!
- Learning to create soft fusions.
- Lifting colour with a damp brush.
- How to remove salt.
- Defining the centre makes such a huge difference.
- Use the negative edge technique to create petals.
- How to make your yellow paintings POP!
- Adding the “WOW” effect!
Think big for this project! This is an absolutely fantastic tutorial to encourage you to move to working on large paper. With vibrant colour and expressive brushwork create a beautiful sunflower in watercolour.
Bringing instant sunshine into your life. This film includes valuable information on how to create texture effects with salt. Don’t miss how to add dramatic impact to your yellow subjects with a fabulous tip towards the end of the demonstration.
View a selection of members artwork from this tutorial: